Cash Just Got A Lot More Convenient
Secure and easy-to-use, your Visa® Debit card with chip technology gets you on your way to a protected and simple transaction every time. The convenience and automatic record generation make this card a must-have for those who want to spend less time paying and more time playing.
First Bank & Trust Visa Debit Card
- EMV Smart Chip technology
- Powerful protection features:
- Visa's Zero Liability policy1 – you won't be liable for promptly-reported unauthorized purchases
- 24/7 monitoring – ongoing review of your accounts for unusual activity
- Real-time access to all transactions and balances to stay informed of all account activity
- Real-time purchase alerts2 – Sign up at www.visa.com to receive a text or email whenever a transaction meets the criteria you select
- Visa Account Updater – Automatic payments just got easier
- When you save your First Bank & Trust Visa Credit Card for things like bill payments and online purchases, we can help update it automatically if your payment info changes.
- So if your card is re-issued, you may not have to update your payment info with every biller and merchant where you have it saved.
- Skip the hassles of re-entering or resubmitting your payment info
- Avoid declined payments and service interruptions
- Count on First Bank & Trust to keep your card info secure
For faster, easier payments, save your First Bank & Trust Visa Credit Card with billers and merchants today.
- Visa Checkout® – The online checkout has evolved, learn more and set up your Visa card for an easy, smart, and secure online checkout experience.
- Visa Secure® – Protecting you is our top priority
- One way we do this is by preventing the unauthorized use of your card. During a purchase from a desktop, mobile, or other digital device, you may be guided through an extra check to verify your identity. This helps us ensure you are the rightful owner of the card and better protects you from fraud.
- Visa Secure helps confirm your identity when you make a purchase online. There’s no need to download anything, install software, or register your account. This service will automatically work during checkout at any of Visa's participating online merchants.
- If the merchant you are shopping with is not participating in this program, your card will continue to work as usual, and your transaction will still be protected by multiple layers of security and zero liability for fraudulent purchases.
- When using this service, you may occasionally be prompted at checkout to verify your identity; this is to ensure you’re you and protect you from fraud.
- First Bank & Trust has a number of tools that can help verify your identity, such as a one-time passcode or the use of biometrics. If you encounter this extra step, simply follow the instructions on your screen to verify your identity.
- Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay® contactless payment technology (Mobile Wallet)
- Choose to make your card an ATM-only card
- No fees at all MoneyPass ATM locations
- Visa Instant Debit card – issued for newly opened accounts and lost or stolen debit cards
- Provides instant access to your account until you receive your personalized debit card4
- Same built-in, powerful protection features as your personalized debit card
- For more information on Visa Instant Debit cards, please refer to the FAQs below
- Can all deposit holders get a temporary Visa Instant Debit card?
Yes, a consumer cardholder or authorized signer can get a temporary card at any participating First Bank & Trust location.
- Do I need to activate this card and select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) before I use it?
Your card is ready to use one hour after leaving the bank. Either use the PIN provided or change it if you prefer. Just be sure to sign the back of the card right away, as merchants will need your signature to verify card ownership. You can use the same PIN for your personalized debit card once you receive it in the mail and activate it.
- Can I start using my card right away?
First, sign the back of your card. Then yes, you can use your temporary card to make purchases or get cash one hour after leaving the bank. Your temporary card comes with all the same features and benefits as your personalized debit card. However, we recommend you activate your personalized debit card as soon as you receive it.
- Do I have a daily limit on my card?
Your temporary card comes with a daily limit on the dollar amount of purchases you can make with your card. You also have a daily cash withdrawal limit at the ATM. For more information about your daily limits, talk to your local First Bank & Trust banker or call 800.843.1552.
- Does the temporary Visa Instant Debit card work the same as the personalized debit card?
Yes, your temporary card comes with all the same features and benefits as your personalized debit card. You can use your temporary Visa Instant Debit card anywhere Visa Debit and credit cards are accepted, including grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, and even for online, mail and phone purchases.
Plus, the card enables you to get cash, transfer funds between accounts, and make deposits at First Bank & Trust ATMs. The amount of your purchases and transactions will always come out of the primary checking account linked to your card.
- It's easy to use your card:
- At a merchant with a keypad: Press “Credit” and sign for purchases. Or press “Debit” and enter your PIN.
- At a merchant without a keypad: Present your card to the cashier and sign the receipt when necessary.
- Online or by phone: Provide your card number and expiration date if you have initiated the contact. Never give these details out to someone who contacts you!
- At an ATM: Insert your card and enter your PIN to withdraw cash.
- Can I use my temporary card to pay bills?
Yes, you can use your temporary card to make monthly recurring bill payments. Simply contact your service providers and ask to pay with your First Bank & Trust Visa Instant Debit card. NOTE: When you receive your personalized debit card in the mail, be sure to contact your service providers with your new information, as your card expiration date will change
- Why is the Visa Instant Debit card not personalized with my name?
The Visa Instant Debit card is temporary and specially prepared for First Bank & Trust customers to provide immediate access to the money in your account. Merchants can verify card ownership by checking your signature on the back of the card against your identification.
- Is my card safe to use without my name on the front?
Yes, merchants will accept your card as long as you sign the back of the card. Some merchants may ask to see a second form of identification to verify card ownership. As a First Bank & Trust cardholder, your card comes with the built-in security of Visa’s Zero Liability policy.
- What should I do if a merchant does not accept my card?
If you run into any issues, call the number on the back of your Visa Instant Debit card. For comments or assistance, stop by your local First Bank & Trust location or call 800.843.1552.
- When should I expect to receive my personalized debit card?
Your personalized debit card will arrive in the mail 7-10 business days after you open a new account or request a replacement card. Please activate your personalized debit card as soon as you receive it. You can use your same PIN for your personalized debit card once you receive it. Be sure to destroy your temporary card.
If you do not receive your personalized debit card within 10 business days, please call us at 800.843.1552.
- What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
Report lost or stolen cards immediately to First Bank & Trust by calling 800.843.1552. Your card comes with the built-in security of Visa’s Zero Liability policy.
1Visa’s Zero Liability policy: As the cardholder, you must establish that the transaction is not your responsibility as per the applicable account agreements. Does not apply to ATM transactions or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Individual provisional credit amounts may be withheld, delayed, limited, or rescinded by an issuer based on factors such as negligence or fraud, delay in reporting unauthorized use, investigation and verification of claim, and account standing and history.
2There is no charge from First Bank & Trust, but message and data rates my apply. Actual time to receive alert dependent on wireless service and coverage within area. Alerts service may not be available in all areas. Gasoline alerts may not include purchase amount. Account activity qualifying for alert service may vary by issuer. Additional restrictions apply.
3A personalized debit card is one that has your name embossed on the card.